“Mama Mia!! How fantastic. It’s an addictive treasure – one cannot resist or forget. Delectable – Old World flavors bring forward its rich history. Hard not to be transported back in time – the spices and texture carry one back to the origin of such delicacy – like tasting this for the first time.”
Our Panforte is created with passion in small batches at the Savory Spoon Cooking School in Door County, WI. We handcraft our Panforte with high quality hand selected fruits and nuts. We combine apricots, figs, Seville orange peel, Door County dried cherries, Oregon hazelnuts, California almonds, local honey, Wisconsin creamery butter, cane sugar and a hint of flour. We create culinary magic in the Savory Spoon kitchen by adding the perfect balance of spices and baked to the perfect texture. We taste every batch to confirm it is up to our strict standards…and because we love it! One taste…and you will experience why it is a winner and a bit addictive.
Panforte is a famous confection from the 15th Century originating in Siena, Italy in the Tuscany Region. Crusaders of the time would use this durable confection to fortify themselves and give them energy during their long marches and treks across the country. Our healthy and delicious version is made in the kitchens at the Savory Spoon in Door County, Wisconsin, and inspired by my annual trips to Italy. Try one of our Culinary Tours.
- Our Panforte is perfect paired with wine, cheese or beer.
- A great treat anytime, it will satisfy the deepest cravings for sweets – pairs perfectly with chocolate.
- Slice into small wedges and set out as a sweet appetizer at a party.
- Serve at the end of a meal with coffee, cappuccino or port.
- A one year shelf life and needs no refrigeration. It can be re-wrapped in paper or plastic wrap.
- For our Retail customers, here is a video on sampling our Savory Spoon Panforte. Not a customer? Learn more…Serving Suggestions for Savory Spoon Panforte
Our delicious Savory Spoon Panforte includes the highest quality fruits, nuts and spices. Ingredients: honey, almonds, hazelnuts, orange peel, apricots, figs, cherries, butter, sugar, flour, spices.